Josh Hillman, PE, PLS
Dan Cristiani Excavating Co.
(502) 608-9325 text/call
Dan Cristiani Excavating Co. Charlestown Development to Commence
City enters into transformative development agreement, rezones property
Charlestown, Ind. (August 2, 2022) – Dan Cristiani Excavating Company (DCE) has entered a development agreement with the City of Charlestown to begin construction on the Shadow Lake Business Park and Shadow Brook Farm Residential Development projects.
“We’re excited to have this opportunity to partner with our community and create a lasting mixed-use development with everything that we need to live, work, and enjoy all in one place,” said DCE President Chris Jackson. “We believe that in 10 to 15 years, we’ll look back on these two transformative developments and see that they were just the beginning of many great things in Charlestown and Clark County.”
On Aug. 1, Charlestown City Council approved the necessary zoning change to allow for the project to be zoned as a planned unit development, which allows for the mixed-use nature and growth needed for the success of the city. This evening, with the guidance of Mayor Treva Hodges, the Charlestown Redevelopment Commission entered into a development agreement to help create the unique public-private partnership.
Over the last 15 months, DCE has worked with the City of Charlestown to bring forward the 600-acre development. This project includes construction of miles of roadway, sewer, water, and drainage infrastructure to set the groundwork for growth for many years to come, making way for residential, commercial, industrial, and retail development.
Shadow Lake Business Park will serve as home to the new corporate headquarters for DCE, employing more than 160 employees from around the region, while maintaining the legacy the company has built for more than 51 years. Along with DCE Headquarters, the mixed-use development project, encompassing 330 acres of land, will include more than 2 million square feet of light industrial building construction, a variety of commercial, restaurant, and retail opportunities, and office building growth.
The Shadow Brook Farm Residential Development project, encompassing approximately 270 acres of land directly adjacent to the business park, will allow for close-proximity quality housing within walking distance of desirable amenities: restaurants, shops, and more. Shadow Brook Farm also will allow for single family, patio homes, and multi-family developments to provide a variety of options and availability for all types of residential living.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- 600 Acres of total developable land
- 330 acres of light industrial/commercial/retail
- 270 acres of residential opportunities
- $35 million in property, road, drainage & utility infrastructure improvementsfor Shadow Lake Business Park
- 8,000 feet of multi-use recreational walking path
- 160 DCE employees relocated to Charlestown, with an anticipated 40 additional jobs
- 22,500 sq. ft DCE corporate headquarters along with 42,500 sq. ft. DCE shop facility
- 2 million square feet of industrial use building construction anticipated
- Break ground on Quality Court extension & drainage improvements: September 2022
- Break ground on DCE headquarters & road infrastructure: October 2022
- Begin utility infrastructure improvements: December 2022
- Break ground on first industrial building: April 2023
- DCE headquarters opened for business: Fall 2023
- First industrial use building opens for business: Late 2023/early 2024