NEACE VENTURES | A Global Venture Capital And Real Estate Investment Firm
NEW ALBANY, IN 47150
PHONE: (502) 379-6130
FAX: (555) 337-3690
Job Description | CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE JOB FLYER
A global venture capital and real estate investment firm is seeking a dynamic candidate to join our team of dedicated professionals as an Accounting Specialist.
This position will be responsible for performing accounting functions for of several investment companies (Operating & Real Estate), including, but not limited to, financial reporting, tax compliance, cost accounting and business planning. Position will assist in driving process improvement along with management of the day to day duties of the general ledger. This role will be very visible and will have the ability to work with all levels of management.
– Support of the Budget and Forecasting Process
– Support of Financial statement consolidation
– Balance and record daily cash
– Develop and maintain work papers to support the financial statements
– Reconcile bank and other Balance sheet and expense accruals
– Prepare general journal entries as needed
– AR/AP entry and processing
– Preparation of sales, use, license, wholesale, excise and fuel tax returns.
– Fixed assets & depreciation
– ad hoc reporting
– Internal & external audit & tax assistance
– ad hoc analysis
– Scanning and filing in a paperless work environment
1. Work with Controller to maintain all company financial records including books of original entry, supporting schedules and subsidiary ledgers.
2. Adhere to all company policies related to accounting matters.
3. Collect and analyze company financial data to provide management with internal reports.
4. Support all levels of the company in budget preparation through training and by providing relevant information when appropriate.
5. Maintain cost accounting standards for the company.
6. Provide cost accounting expertise through training.
7. Provide special reporting and analysis of financial information to management.
8. Follow procedures for reviewing and approving budgeted expenditure justifications and approvals.
1. Take care of all customers through direct action or indirectly by assisting others.
2. Work with other employees to attain company goals.
3. Participate in focus group, safety, and other location meetings.
4. Recommend other employees for commendation for achievement.
5. Report violations of company policies and the misappropriation of company assets.
6. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
2. Knowledgeable of Windows-based computer applications such as Excel (Formulas, Pivot tables, Graphs etc.), Power Point, and QuickBooks.
3. Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills.
4. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
5. Ability to manage multiple tasks.
6. Strong employee relations skills.
Associates or Bachelors Degree Required
- Accounting, with prior experience in preparation of sales, use, license tax returns.: 1 year